DEMAL is a two-year European project, running from October 2016 to September 2018, and involving partners from Germany, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Spain and Switzerland.
DEMAL seeks to promote professional competences of adult educators in Europe in the areas of Designing, Evaluation and Monitoring of Adult Learning classes.
In doing so, DEMAL refers to the European Framework “Key competences for adult learning professionals” which was developed in 2010 by Research voor Beleid on behalf of the European Commission. The DEMAL addresses two competences from this framework and thus two areas which are at the heart of an adult educator’s professional activity:
- Designing of adult learning processes
- Monitoring and Evaluation of adult learning processes
- develop European reference competence profiles for the two selected competence areas
- develop learning resources for the two competence areas
- develop and test an innovative digital app to support course planning
- develop and pilot two in-service training courses in the two competence areas
- develop and pilot a validation framework for the two selected competence areas
DEMAL is sponsored by the European Union and by the German Federal Ministry of Education and research.